go sailing Experience
The go sailing experience can be summed up like this
Fun - Adventure - Challenge
A fantastic fun experience is guaranteed! Take your turn at the wheel of a 54 ft yacht and get your photo taken.
See Dublin from a completely new perspective learn things you never knew before about Dublin and the Bay area. See Killiney Hill close up and maybe even sail around Dalkey Island if time permits.
Push yourself be brave, sailing in up to 25 knots of wind. Feel the sea salty air on your face. Experience real sailing. Sense the power of the wind and sea as you learn how yachts are helmed and enjoy a thrilling few hours on the Bay!
- Meet the go sailing Representative at the Dun Laoghaire Marina entrance gate adjacent to the ferry terminal and 5 minutes walk from the Dart Station.
- Get fitted out with your Life Jacket and proceed to board Explorer.
- Introductions followed by Skipper’s briefing and guided tour of Explorer.
- Explorer hoists sails and departs for Dublin Bay
- Aaron’s foredeck classroom - Passengers learn about how Explorer sails, nautical terminology, ropes, rigging and knots.
- Just do it- Take your turn to steer, tack and gybe Explorer on the Bay.
- Passage through Dublin Bay, Killiney Bay and Dalkey Sound (weather and time permitting)